LifeLock can see identity threats you could miss by just monitoring your credit; Tidemark FCU now offers this service to our members.
Why you need LifeLock after a data breach.
- Putting a freeze on your credit may not be enough ... Identity theft goes beyond the credit fraud.
- You are 11 times more likely to be a victor of identity fraud if you are notified of a breach ... 1 in 4 people have experienced identity theft. If your information is breached, LifeLock is here to help if a problem arises.
- Identity theft can happen for years to come ... Data breaches can expose information that typically doesn't change like your SSN, birthdate or name.
How LifeLock works to help protect you from identity theft:
- Sign Up - takes a few minutes to enroll.
- Scan - they look for threats to your identity.
- Alert - they alert you of suspicious threats by text, email or phone.
- Restore - if your identity is stolen, a U.S.-based Identity Restoration Specialist will work to fix it.
- Reimburse - LifeLock will reimburse funds stolen due to identity theft up to the limit of your plan.